ok, let's get this started again.
i wasn't feeling very well last week, so i haven't put much energy into this thread. je suis désolé.
we've got some unfinished business here:
- the question about cd single inserts, being double or single, and sometimes white too. i will check some singles and see if there's anything meaningful that can be said about it. probably not. but i'll see. is there anything specific you want answered?
- and then we have those different distribution codes on that siamese dream cd. after a very quick glance at spfreaks.com, it looks like all cds say PM 520, whereas the inserts have different numbers (see also the second siamese dream cd you linked to). this is, unfortunately, again something i don't know off the top of my head. but i will look into this.
Sophie, on 05 March 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:
Sorry, I've been off for the week end.
Thank you again for your detailed answer concerning release codes, this should calm down the OCD of my academic brain for a while ;)/>.
Moreover it answers a bunch of absolutely boring questions that I had concerning release numbers...
Today's question is going to be about the Siamese dream singles vinyl box set.
I've always thought that the singles in the box set were pressed on a black matrix, but I've seen from time to time box sets sold with coloured vinyls inside.
Question is: Was there a proper release of this item or did the collector selling the item replaced the black records by coloured ones?
In the meantime: why is the peach Rocket single always so expensive? I'm still missing this item... :(/>
there were 5 releases:
- cherub rock 7" on clear vinyl (numbered)
- today 7" on red vinyl
- disarm 7" on purple vinyl
- rocket 7" on peach vinyl + box to collect the other singles in
- siamese singles box, containing the four singles on black vinyl (the cherub rock single isn't numbered. the number box on the front is blacked out.)
so if you find a siamese singles box that has all the coloured singles, someone simply collected all four singles and put them together in the rocket box.
if you find a box with coloured and black vinyl, someone has been mixing up releases. these mixed up box sets are basically worthless. the coloured singles still have some value of their own, but the black singles are now an incomplete release.
the rocket 7" + box is rarer than the other singles, and also rarer than the siamese singles box set release. so it makes sense that it's more expensive.
spfc.org estimates the amount of copies as follows:
cherub rock: 5000
siamese singles: 6000
if you think about it, a box with four coloured singles is worth more than one with black vinyl. ok, it's not a proper release, it's the combination of four releases, but if you add the value of the four releases, it's worth more than the box set release with the black vinyl. i'd even estimate the peach rocket 7" + box higher than the siamese singles release.
i hope this answers your question. :)/>
ps: the box that comes with the rocket 7" is slightly different to the one that comes with the 4 black singles. there's that sticker, and i believe the release code isn't the same either.
see spfreaks.com. the internet is being very slow right now, so i can't really look it up myself at the moment.