Drevpile, on 13 April 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:
1) Rename 'The Lucky 13' immediately. It already feels non-inclusive
2) Be transparent; reveal who this team are. If people get even the faintest whiff of a rat, this isn't going to work
3) Score an early win - release the damn Metro Show
4) [a] Consult the fans who know, who really know, the history and availability of current bootlegs/material
4) [b] DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EXCLUDE Netphoria or any other long standing message board; speak to at least CoolAsIceCream, 34, Redbull, Spaldz and PistolPete
5) [a] Do not, DO NOT, bandy about pricing, release models, packaging or anything else for a product which does not exist. Seriously, I repeat, do not do this again
5) [b] If a real archivist has been at work, seriously, if you had a real archivist on this project - listen carefully and;
release the catalogue for the fans to understand what the base library actually is.
Make it easy for them to understand; apportion said library into sections by era and media. Then rate, with examples, quality of said media in it's raw format.
5 [c] Define your objectives (is this about releasing quality or quantity). This will help inform said fans what sort of pricing structure they may wish to consider for said material
6 Stop being vague. Stop it. Seriously
7) [a]Thus, again, create Samples
7) [b] and create direct feedback model against said samples ie; polls
8) Do not release anything post 2008
9) Do not listen to ANYONE who touts GM Palace 1997 as there favourite boot
10) Do not listen to ANYONE who touts post 2008 material as superior, in any shape or form, to any previous work. Even Blinking with Fists
11) Know your demographic: Listen very carefully, to this; your fans are not, in the main, idiots. Please stop treating us as such with running such an amateur outfit. You have already, once again, opened the flood gates for people to be disappointed that you haven't considered their own absolutely ground-breaking idea; there is no way on this planet that you are going to be able to aggregate the multitude of vague recommendations / demands / ideas which will inevitably pop-up. Start again. Make clear you vision and your values for the project, explain how and what you want to deliver and then and then open it up to consultation
13) GET. IT. DONE.
1. The name was chosen by Billy. We have every intention of being as inclusive as possible.
2. In all seriousness, every fan that will get involved in this project is a member of the team. Every request essentially counts as a vote and the fan-demand is passed onto Billy. As for the members of "The Lucky 13" - some prefer to remain anonymous at the moment. I can say that all members are knowledgeable and long-time fans. A few members are serious traders and collectors while other members have extensive experience in archiving, data collecting and logistics. We are all dedicated fans that are working close with Billy to get the material released.
3. You will get an update about this on Monday.
4. a) All members know the history and availability of current bootlegs/material quite extensively
b) We hope that all fans who wish to support the release of material will get involved in the project and have their say. The people you mentioned will definitely have their suggestions heard.
5. a) Duly noted - we will only get to the stage of establishing a pricing model only when Billy has confirmed that a specific product can be released in either digital or physical format
b) In the interview with Billy that will be released on Monday, he mentions making the list available to the public. However, this will only happen if WE (as fans) can get past this initial stage and setup a communal project that works.
c) Great advice - we learned quite a bit ourselves from the interview with Billy today. We will make the objectives clearer in a few days time. For this specific initiative, it is definitely quality over quantity.
6. Let us know what we are being vague about and we will be sure to clarify
7. a) & b) Making samples available and running polls is definitely in the plan
8. This project will not cover anything post-December 2000.
9. What about if there is pro-video footage from this show?
10. This project will not cover anything post-December 2000.
11. No SP staff is involved in this project except for Billy - we are all fans that are willing to put in the work to get archival material released. When you say, "explain how and what you want to deliver and then open it up to consultation" - that seems exclusive, no? You don't want to be involved in that process?
12. I think you are missing #12?
13. A few members have setup large SP online databases that you probably use quite frequently - we will get it done.