Smashing Pumpkins Hub (sticky this?)
Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:41 PM
This tutorial sets out the basics, and once you've tried it out and are familiar you can follow the 2nd tutorial to make sharing easier for you (port forwarding etc). Hopefully it won't seem too intimidating, it's very easy once you get going.
The hub is a peer-to-peer sharing area for people who have pumpkins related media to trade/share. One advantage over torrents is there may be a lot more choice available without the need to request. A disadvantage may be it's not always as fast, although this might not be true if many people are sharing the same files; the program will group the users and download from them simultaneously.
1. Download ApexDC++ (a reliable decent client with some good features compared to other clients). ApexDC++ Download
2. Install, and open.
3. Go to settings, then 'general' tab and choose a nickname.
4. Go to connection settings, and make sure 'Firewall (passive mode)' is checked. Now, this is not ideal in the long run but ok for first time users.
5. File > Quick Connect... > type in "sp-hub.dyndns.org:1979".
6. The hub should load and users will be shown on the right hand side.
7. From here you should be able to search for shows, but it is also good to select individual users (using right-click and then 'get file list') to see what they are sharing.
Enjoy! Questions will be answered in this thread. We encourage the sharing of things you download to help others get hold of stuff.
I'll write up the 2nd tutorial for active mode sharing soon and get the mods to add to it.
Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:22 AM
Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:26 PM
Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:42 AM
Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:33 PM
Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:10 AM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:59 AM
Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:27 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users