2. Jesus Needs a Hit - FOL in acoustic form. The lyrics are trite and sound like a 14 year old writing his first song (Jesus needs a hit/ you can't even quit...)
3. Spangled - Most of my problem with this is production. The song isn't much, and doesn't do much for me in anyway, but it suffers the same fate as most post-reunion studio material - it's production sounds like shit. I enjoy it far more as a solo acoustic song (see Death From Above), but all in all it's still just a weak song, that only further agitates me to know it was chosen over so many other great songs that remain unreleased.
4. Astral Planes - A kind of cool idea that never got past the first riff stage with some of the dumbest lyrics BC's ever penned.
5. Bring the Light - Cheese, all around.
6. Come On Let's Go - See Bring the Light, with a little less cheese, and a little more dumb.
7. Superchrist - See Bimbly's explanation.
8. Pomp and Circumstances - I would have loved to have heard it with Danny Elfman's string arrangement (as it was originally intended), but I have my doubts it would have saved it regardless. For a band that excelled at writing grandiose, melodramatic material, this sounds like it died under its own bloated weight.
9. Jesus Loves His Babies - In all honesty, it's the super lame joke phone message thing in the bridge that kills this song for me. If this ever comes out with that cut out, I'd undoubtedly think much higher of it.
10. Jesus is the Sun & 11. I'm Doing the Best I Can- I'm going to amend my list here now that some time has passed and I've given it more thought. I don't think too highly of Jesus is the Sun or I'm Doing the Best I Can, but there are two other songs I know of that I care infinitely less for than them:
10. Innocence - I find myself incapable of listening to whenever it comes on. It's really just his vocals that kill it for me, but the melody/ lyrics/ music are a little much for my taste.
11. Spaceboy - The only down part of Siamese Dream. On it's own, it's a mediocre song, but whenever I listen to SD front to back, this really is the low point of the experience for me. Would have been great as a b-side, but stacked up against greats like Soma, Geek, and Silverfuck, make this song sound so much worse.
Edited by RottingApples, 08 May 2012 - 03:02 PM.